22 Ağustos 2011 Pazartesi

The Big Secret Project





My Big Secret Project has been going on for months...so let me fill you in on the last few months...Just before Christmas last year I received an email from a buyer asking to see samples of my kits. The kits were sent and I was asked to attend a meeting in London in January. John and I travelled up on the train and went to a meeting (I was slightly terrified)....it wasn't what I expected, but in a good way...things were discussed and I went to work on some new kits and another meeting was attended in March. (I went on my own this time and managed to spill coffee all down my black & white stripey t-shirt and didn't notice till I got home...I'm so professional!)


Between March and last week I've been doing lots of paperwork, lots of designing, lots of sewing and writing of patterns, lots of ordering in and lots of borrowing money because

da..da...dah....

John Lewis will be stocking 6 brand new paper-and-string sewing kits!!

It's a crazy dream-come-true thing to happen and I still don't quite believe it....but how exciting!!


I've a lot of work to do, but I have a plan, and i can fit it all in around my normal paper-and-string things so nothing will change around here (eagle eyed readers will already have seen I have shut my wholesale webshops, so that's a small change, but only a temporary one)

The first shipment of kits will be delivered to John Lewis on 1st August and will hit the shops shortly after that...and between now and then I'll be sure to share the process with you here, it's been torture keeping this a secret!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder